BEFORE YOUR SPRAY TAN: Shave, shower, and exfoliate the night before your spray tanning appointment.( NOT the day of)Sulfate free body washes are best!!! Avoid body washes with oils (Olay, Dove) They can leave a film on your skin and cause the spray tan to develop unevenly. It is best to wash your hair first to avoid leaving any residue from shampoos and conditioners.
Continue to avoid these same products after your spray tan. Sulfates and mineral oils can strip the tan quicker. Do not use bar soap!!Shampoo/ conditioners are fine!!
If you cannot shower the evening before your appointment, a shower six hours before your session is acceptable. Showering too close to your spray tan can disrupt the pH balance on your skin and cause your tan to not develop properly.
Do not come to your appointment straight from the gym, sweat will create a barrier to the spray tan solution.
Waxing and spa services such as pedicures, massages, and facials, should be done two days before your spray tan appointment. Any later and you risk having the oils leave a barrier upon your skin.
Do not use deodorant, makeup, perfume, or moisturizers (including the moisture strip on a razor) the day of your tanning session.
Bring dark loose fitting clothing and flip flops.
You may tan in the undergarment of your choice, preferably a dark color.
Dark swimwear or underwear are ideal to tan in. I also offer disposable (and tiny) thong panties. Many women desire minimal tan lines and go topless. You may wear as much or as little as you are comfortable with.
Ladies may tan topless, though bathing suits and underwear also work well.
Pull your hair back high and tight on top of your head if possible.
Men must wear full coverage underwear or swimwear and clients under the age of 18 must also wear appropriate swimwear.
BEFORE YOUR SPRAY TAN
- All waxing, shaving, manicure and pedicure services MUST be done 24 hours before your airbrush tan appointment.
- Shower and exfoliate using a scrub the day prior to your appointment. It is imperative to remove product buildup, body oils and dead skin cells in order to allow the product to fully penetrate. Your tan will not develop 100% if any barriers are on the skin.
- Please avoid any bar soaps, Dove, Olay and Pantene products before and after tanning.
- Please DO NOT SHOWER RIGHT BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT as the heat will open your pores and can adversely affect the tan by not allowing total absorption of the tanning solution.
- If you must shower the day of your tan, shower only with cool water and avoid using any soap, shaving cream or exfoliant products.
- Please do not shave the day of your tan as the razor may cause your skin to be uneven and the moisture strip to leave a barrier on your skin.
- Under no circumstance can you receive an airbrush tan if you have had a sunburn within two weeks of your scheduled appointment.
AFTER YOUR SPRAY TAN
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing. No jeans, tight fitting clothes, sports bras, socks or running shoes until after your first rinse.
- Rainy day? Make sure to wear a jacket with a hood, loose pants, an umbrella and shoes that cover your feet but aren’t tight.
- ABSOLUTELY NO sweating, getting wet, bathing, swimming or exercising for 12 hours.
- Between 12-24 hours, shower normally, avoiding exfoliants.
- The cosmetic bronzer will wash off in the shower.
- Use approved moisturizer on your skin twice daily to maintain your color and fade evenly.
- Pat dry to avoid unnecessary friction.
- Avoid exfoliating your skin.
- Avoid bar soaps, alcohol based products, toners, astringents, acne cleansers/ products, AHAs, BHAs, and Retin-A.